Hilda Black (neé Parkinson) (b.30 September, 1959) was a pure-blood witch from the Parkinson family. She attended Hogwarts between the years 1971 and 1978 where she was sorted into Slytherin house. There she shared a dorm with Athene Black (neé Crowley) and Eoforhild Fawley (neé Urquart).
After Hogwarts, her family arranged a match for her with Anthon Burke, a death-eater who was imprisoned after the First Wizarding War but was later released during the Second, in which he died. She married Sirius Black after the Second Wizarding War.
She was seen fighting during the Second Wizarding War alongside members of the Order of the Phoenix and her former dormmates Athene and Eoforhild. Later she gave birth to one son, Castor Remus Black.
Hilda was the youngest daughter of Mr.Parkinson and his wife Marigold Parkinson. As a child from an established pure-blood family, she partook in many social gatherings even as a child and as a result knew several of the students attending Hogwarts with her even before embarking on the train.
First Year (1971-1972)
Upon arriving at the school she was sorted into Slytherin house and was allocated a dorm with Athene and Eoforhild. She was a studious student, attentive in class and generally reserved when it came to social interactions with other despite her upbringing. Nevertheless, she did reproach those who bothered her and started a friendship with her dormmates, Athene especially.
Second Year (1972-1973)
Third Year (1973-1974)
Fourth Year (1974-1975)
Fifth Year (1975-1976)
Sixth Year (1976-1977)
Seventh Year (1977-1978)
Hilda was of average build with short, light-brown hair and dark green eyes. She had light skin and tended to dress in a reserved and proper manner. Athene described her as having thin lips.
Personality and traits
Hilda was a reserved and rather quiet child, a trait which she carried with her into adulthood. Possibly due to her upbringing. However, unlike her parents and sister, she was not an advocate of blood-purity, though she did present a certain amount of arrogance, often seen in those brought up to believe themselves superior to those of "lesser blood". Nevertheless, she showed to be much more tolerant and open-minded by befriending Athene, whom she had a suspicion was a muggle-born, and Remus Lupin while at school. Despite their background and condition.
She also proved to have a sharp mind and quick wit, able to absorb information rather quickly and be able to put in application easily. She was also one of the few people who knew Remus' secret without having been told, deducting it from his absent days.
Hilda demonstrated courage and resilience, as well as a backbone when she picked herself up after her miscarriage. She even chose to fight during the Second Wizarding War and argued with her family in Sirius' defence. Despite the fact that the first time her parents chose a match for her she did not oppose. Though, that might have to do more with her having not yet matured, as her boggart was a cage, which could represent her fear of being caged and unable to escape, which changed with the passing years as she grew more confident with herself.
Magical Abilities and Skills
- Defence Against the Dark Arts:Rivaled Athene while the two were at Hogwarts, which is shown by her receiving an Outstanding in both her O.W.L and N.E.W.T for the subject. She knew a multitude of offensive spells primarily Hexes, which were partially due to the extensive library collection at her home. She was also able to cast a fully corporeal patronus, a sigh of high magical ability.
- Transfiguration: Hilda was particularly skilled at Transfigurations, being one of McGonagall's favourite students despite being in Slytherin. Athene even described her as being at the top of their year in the subject, though it cannot be assessed whether or not she was exaggerating. However, her ability to achieve an animagus form single handed after graduating from Hogwarts would, indeed, suggest proficiency in the subject at the very least.
- Animagus: Hilda learned this after graduating from Hogwarts, during the first wizarding war; assuming the shape of a British Robin.
- Occlumency:Hilda was an exceptional Occlumens, arriving at Hogwarst already knowing the basic, having been taught be her paranoid grandfather. By the time of the First Wizarding War she was skilled enough to make anyone, including Voldemort, believe that her friendship with Athene Crowley and everyone else was one forged out of convenience due to sharing a dorm and being in the same lessons as her.
"Blody hell Parkinson, I didn't think you had it in you,"
Sirius expressing his surprise over her talent
- Duelist:Hilda was, much to the surprise of many, a good duelist, taking by surprise even her own brother whom she fought during the Second Wizarding War. She had defeated many Death Eaters during the second war and survived it almost unscratched.
- 12¾", Fir wand: This is the wand she bought from Ollivander's before joining Hogwarts.
- Grenville: Hilda arrived to Hogwarts in 1971 with a female Siamese cat. She was a very jealous cat and would often pounce on Hilda whenever it believed the latter was not paying it enough attention. She did not get along with Nix, Athene's cat, and would often hiss in his direction. Grenville would also loudly complain if it was hungry and had a tendency to stay indoors.
- The name 'Hilda' (pronounced HIL-də) is one of several female given names derived from the name Hild, formed from Old Norse hildr, meaning "battle". Hild, a Nordic-German Bellona, was a Valkyrie who conveyed fallen warriors to Valhalla. Warfare was often called Hild's Game. The name became rare in England during the later Middle Ages, but was revived in the 19th century. In Sweden it has been in use since the late 18th century, being a popular name throughout the 19th century. Hilde is a variant of Hilda. Another variation on Hild is Hildur.
- Parkinson is an English surname meaning "son of Parkin", with Parkin itself being a diminutive form of the given name Peter, which comes from the Greek petros, meaning "rock" or "stone".
- The images of Hilda were created using the avatar creator from Rinmarugames, Sims 4 and do not belong to the creator of this page
- Any other images used come from the movies, Pottermore or the Harry Potter Wikia unless otherwise stated.